Terms & Conditions
- “Gatehouse Gin” is a trading style of Duchally House Leisure Limited of registered office Hallswelle House, 1 Hallswelle Road, London NW11 0DH
- We may change these Terms at any time. Please check them carefully as they will apply to any new purchases made after the effective date shown above.
- Please note, calls may be monitored and recorded for training purposes.
2. Right to cancel
- If you are a consumer (i.e. acting for purposes outside a business), you have the right within 7 working days of delivery of goods to cancel the contract by contacting us or any of the other methods specified in Distance Selling Regulations in which case we will refund the price paid for the goods plus delivery charges attributable to the cancelled item. You are required to take reasonable care of items. If you cancel, you must return the goods at your expense to our trading address shown our website. We will charge you the direct costs of recovery if you do not comply or if you return them at our expense. (This right of cancellation does not apply to bottles which have been opened.)
- Your above rights under the Distance Selling Regulations are not affected by our separate returns policy which is explained in section 7 of these Terms.
3. Payment and price
- Payment is in advance by the means stated on our website. We will only process payments if we obtain authorisation from our payment partner. If we do not receive full payment in cleared funds within 7 days of your order, then we are entitled to cancel this contract.
- The price for the goods you order is as stated on our site at the time you send us your order. VAT or sales tax is included unless we say otherwise.
- If we have mis-priced any item by mistake, we are not obliged to supply the item at that price. Once notified you can then decide if you want to order the item at the correct price but, if you do not, we will provide a full refund of any payments already made.
- Delivery costs are charged extra at the rate shown on our site when you place your order. These will depend on the delivery method chosen.
Please note delivery charges do not include customs or import duties which may be applied to your order by the relevant authorities. It is your separate responsibility to pay for these.
4. Your order and age restriction
- Your order is an offer to buy from us. Please check your order very carefully to ensure it is correct. You must order at least the minimum quantity specified on our website.
- By law we cannot sell alcohol to persons under 18. By making an order for alcoholic products on this site, you are promising to us that you are 18 years or older and consuming alcoholic beverages in accordance with the regulations of your country of residence in a country which permits the promotion and consumption of alcoholic beverages.
- If you are buying a bottle as a gift – the recipient must also be over 18 years old.
- You confirm you are aware of how to consume alcohol responsibly. For more information relating to responsible alcohol consumption please refer to drinkaware.co.uk
5. Acceptance / unavailability
- There will be no binding contract of any kind between you and us unless and until we actually despatch the goods to you. Until then we may decline to supply the goods to you without giving any reason. Nothing else that we do or say will amount to acceptance of your offer. If any goods are unavailable, we will notify you of the unavailability as soon as possible and will arrange for a full refund if you have been charged or mutually agree a substitute with you.
- We will only arrange for delivery once we have received full payment in cleared funds. Delivery will be to the address which you specify when ordering. We can deliver within
- We will do our best to arrange delivery within the time specified on our website or, if none, a reasonable period. We are not liable for late delivery to the extent that this is due to circumstances beyond our reasonable control.
- We reserve the right to refuse delivery if we think that the recipient may be under 18. Where delivery requires a signature on receipt, the docket must be signed only by a person who is 18 or over.
- An extra delivery charge may become payable if no-one is present to accept delivery and either you haven’t provided alternative delivery instructions or else you don’t make reasonable efforts to collect the item from a holding depot.
- Risk of damage or loss to the goods passes to you on delivery or if you wrongfully refuse delivery when delivery is attempted.
7. Returns and refunds
For any returns to Gatehouse Gin, the goods must be returned in their original packaging. You will receive a refund for the goods once we have received them, minus applicable shipping costs, unless the return concerns faulty or damaged goods. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to return your goods back to us and we can assist with this. You will cover the costs for the return shipping except in cases where goods are faulty in which case the amount will be reimbursed to you.
8. Our responsibility to you
- Nothing in this agreement in any way limits or excludes our liability for negligence causing death or personal injury or for fraudulent misrepresentation or for anything which may not legally be excluded or limited.
- You must give us a reasonable opportunity to remedy any matter for which we are liable before you incur any costs remedying the matter yourself.
- We are not responsible for any loss or damage where:
- There is no breach of a legal duty of care owed to you by us or by any of our employees or agents;
- Such loss or damage was not reasonably foreseeable by both parties;
- Such loss or damage is caused by you, for example by not complying with this agreement; or
- Such loss or damage relates to a business.
9. Your responsibility to us
- You will be responsible to us for any loss or damage we suffer arising from your breach of this agreement.
- Property (i.e. ownership) of the goods shall not pass to you before we have received cleared payment for the goods.
11. Intellectual property rights
- All trade marks, logos, graphics, images, photographs, animation, videos, text and software used on this site are our intellectual property. You may display or reproduce such content insofar as necessary to view it within our site for private, genuine non-commercial use. You may not otherwise retrieve, display, modify, copy, print, sell, download, hire or reverse engineer (unless permitted by applicable law) such content without our prior written consent.
12. Our content
- Any content which we ourselves make available on this site is intended for very general guidance but we cannot guarantee that it is accurate or up to date. Before acting on such information, you must make your own appropriate enquiries including as to its accuracy and suitability for your purposes and take appropriate professional or other advice. You rely on such information at your own risk.
- We reserve the right to terminate any special offer at any time, without notice.
13. Availability of our site
We will do our best to maintain the operation of our site and to rectify faults if they occur but we cannot guarantee that it will be uninterrupted or error-free. We may have to suspend the site for repair, maintenance, improvement or other technical reason.
14. Third party websites
We may link to third party websites which may be of interest to you. We do not recommend or endorse those sites or the products or services which they offer nor are we legally responsible for them as they are outside our reasonable control. You use such third party sites at your own risk.
15. “Act of God” (force majeure)
Neither you nor we are liable for failure to perform or delay in performing any obligation (excluding payment) under this agreement if the failure or delay is caused by any circumstances beyond its reasonable control.
These Terms shall be governed by the laws of Scotland and any disputes will be decided only by the courts of the United Kingdom.
17. General and Privacy
Headings used in this agreement are for information and not binding. This agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and us in connection with our Site. Any failure by either party to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this agreement does not mean this is a “waiver” (i.e. that it cannot be enforced later). If any part of this agreement is ineffective or unenforceable for any reason, then it will be replaced with a provision which as far as possible achieves the same thing and the rest of the agreement shall continue to apply. A person who is not a party to this agreement shall have no rights under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of this agreement except insofar as expressly stated otherwise.
Rights and Complaints
- If you have a problem with your order or any complaints, please contact us via email@example.com
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions will reduce your statutory rights relating to faulty or mis-described goods.